MPBA attorney, Scott Feir, will speak at the 2014 U.S. Shopping Center Law Conference in Orlando, Florida on Saturday October 25th, 2014.
Scott and San Francisco attorney Martin Orlick will present alternative resolution strategies for the top ten issues in landlord and tenant lease defaults, which include:
- Default Notices
- Defaults Related to ADA Compliance
- The Failure to Enforce or Comply with Use and Exclusivity Restrictions
- Defaults Concerning Signage, Promotional Events, and the Promotional Program
- Defaults Related to the Return of Condition and Extraordinary Costs
- Defaults Concerning Construction and Liens
- Constructive Eviction—Business Interference
- Operating Covenant Violations
- Defaults Related to Assignment and Subleasing
- Defaults Related to the Non-Payment of Rent
The workshop will explore the most common Landlord/Tenant issues and help both landlords and tenants “spot the iceberg before the Titanic hits, and what to do if already hit.”
More than 1,200 real estate legal professionals will attend the International Council of Shopping Centers conference.
Scott Feir represents a broad spectrum of real estate clients, including retail shopping center owners, property management groups, housing authorities, real estate brokers and agents, and construction and design professionals. He frequently speaks at seminars in his areas of practice. For more information on Scott, please visit his page.