Luke Campbell’s practice focuses on representing physicians and other health care providers in business transactions and regulatory compliance matters. He has represented health care professionals in forming, maintaining, and selling their clinical practices, real estate investments, ambulatory surgical centers, and other joint ventures. Mr. Campbell regularly assists clients in structuring transactions to comply with federal anti-kickback and Stark laws, as well as state anti-rebate, self-referral, and corporate practice of medicine laws. He has significant experience in drafting and negotiating operating agreements, asset purchase and sale agreements, management agreements, and employment agreements. Mr. Campbell is a member in a number of health care professional organizations, including the American Health Lawyers Association, Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys, and the Health Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association, where he serves as an officer on the Executive Committee. Mr. Campbell was named to Rising Stars by Washington Law and Politics magazine for 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Blue Diamond Group, Inc. v. KB Seattle 1, Inc., 163 Wn. App. 449, 266 P.3d 881 (2011). Luke Campbell, with the assistance of other attorneys at MPBA, briefed and argued this reported Washington case, which clarified Washington law and held that the landowner was entitled to its attorney fees after prevailing against a construction manager in a lien foreclosure action. MPBA prevailed on all issues.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA
Juris Doctor with High Honors, Order of the Coif, 2008
Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal, Editorial Board
- University of Washington, School of Business Administration, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Finance Concentration; Magna Cum Laude, 2003
Professional and Community Activities
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Health Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association, Executive Committee
- Certified Washington State Real Estate Appraiser
March 2006 – December 2009
- Washington Real Estate Salesperson License
April 2004 – December 2007
Publications and Presentations
Luke Campbell regularly appears as a speaker at an assortment of speaking engagements and conferences throughout the year. Below is a growing collection of his appearances and authored material.
- Co-Author, Limitations on Debtor and Guarantor Exposure After Judicial and Nonjudicial Foreclosures, Real Property, Probate & Trust, Washington State Bar Association, Spring 2011.
- Speaker and Contributing Author, Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosures, National Business Institute, 2011.
- Speaker and contributing author, Residential Landlord-Tenant Law from A to Z, National Business Institute, 2010.
- Speaker and contributing author, Landlord-Tenant Law in Washington: Planning Ahead to Avoid Problems. Sterling Educ. Services, 2009.
- Contributing author, Landlord-Tenant Law in Washington: Planning Ahead to Avoid Problems. Sterling Educ. Services, 2008.
- Contributing author, Negotiating and Drafting Trouble-Free Commercial Real Estate Leases in Washington. National Business Institute, 2008.