Practice Emphasis and Experience:
Luke Campbell has broad experience in health care law, business transactions, employment law, and litigation. He has represented doctor groups in forming and maintaining their practices, and complying with federal anti-kickback and Stark laws and state anti-rebate and corporate practice of medicine laws. Luke has also represented both employers and employees in a variety of areas, including employment agreement negotiation and discrimination and retaliation claims. He has represented local and national retail clients in dozens of landlord-tenant disputes. Luke also has significant experience in fiduciary and trust estate matters, including will contests, breach of fiduciary duty claims, guardianships, and trust disputes. Luke was named to Rising Stars by Washington Law and Politics magazine for 2013.
Blue Diamond Group, Inc. v. KB Seattle 1, Inc., 163 Wn. App. 449, 266 P.3d 881 (2011). Luke Campbell, with the assistance of other attorneys at MPBA, briefed and argued this reported Washington case, which clarified Washington law and held that the landowner was entitled to its attorney fees after prevailing against a construction manager in a lien foreclosure action. MPBA prevailed on all issues.
- University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, WA
Juris Doctor with High Honors, Order of the Coif, 2008
Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal, Editorial Board
- University of Washington, School of Business Administration, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Finance Concentration; Magna Cum Laude, 2003
Professional and Community Activities
- Certified Washington State Real Estate Appraiser
March 2006 – December 2009
- Washington Real Estate Salesperson License
April 2004 – December 2007
Publications and Presentations
Luke Campbell regularly appears as a speaker at an assortment of speaking engagements and conferences throughout the year. Below is a growing collection of his appearances and authored material.
- Co-Author, Limitations on Debtor and Guarantor Exposure After Judicial and Nonjudicial Foreclosures, Real Property, Probate & Trust, Washington State Bar Association, Spring 2011.
- Speaker and Contributing Author, Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosures, National Business Institute, 2011.
- Speaker and contributing author, Residential Landlord-Tenant Law from A to Z, National Business Institute, 2010.
- Speaker and contributing author, Landlord-Tenant Law in Washington: Planning Ahead to Avoid Problems. Sterling Educ. Services, 2009.
- Contributing author, Landlord-Tenant Law in Washington: Planning Ahead to Avoid Problems. Sterling Educ. Services, 2008.
- Contributing author, Negotiating and Drafting Trouble-Free Commercial Real Estate Leases in Washington. National Business Institute, 2008.