Josh Pope advises clients in all aspects of real estate and business transactions including: acquisitions, sales, leases, financing, development, title insurance, boundary issues, environmental compliance and entity formation matters. Mr. Pope is licensed to practice law in Washington and Florida.
Mr. Pope’s work includes:
- Representing owners of residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use projects with respect to acquisition, sales and financing;
- Sales and purchases of ownership interests in corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies;
- Representing private and institutional lenders in structuring, documenting and properly securing commercial real estate and development financing;
- Advising clients regarding due diligence and risk analysis pertaining to the acquisition and financing of a wide variety of real estate and business transactions;
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use lease agreements for landlords and tenants of multiple and single-sites of all sizes;
- Preparing, negotiating and analyzing construction and architect contracts and related agreements;
- Preparing easement and tenants in common agreements;
- Analyzing title insurance products and resolving title and/or survey issues; and
- Representing homeowner, property owner and condominium associations.
- Negotiating and implementing institutional controls and programs for long-term inspection and monitoring of contaminated sites;
- Assisting with all phases of environmental due diligence; and
- Identifying environmental liability risks which may arise in the context of business and real estate transactions, and appropriately allocating those risks through indemnity agreements and other contractual arrangements.
- Selected multiple times as Rising Star Attorney by the Super Lawyers publication
- Selected as a Legal Elite by Florida Trend magazine
- AV Preeminent peer rating by the Martindale-Hubbell legal directory
- Houston College of Law, Houston, TX
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Admitted to the Washington State Bar
- Admitted to the Florida State Bar