Practice Emphasis and Experience:
Business, Construction, Real Estate
Inger Brockman advises clients in all aspects of real estate transactions including buying, selling, leasing, boundary and title issues; title insurance; development; and management. Ms. Brockman’s work includes:
- Negotiation and documentation of the acquisition and sale of industrial office parks, office buildings, mixed use projects, hotels and resorts, shopping centers, medical office buildings, condominiums and other real estate developments, including land assemblage;
- Representation of owners of multi-family residential developments with respect to buying, selling, financing and managing;
- Site development, architect and construction contracts and other real estate related agreements;
- Negotiation and structuring of limited liability companies, tenancies in common, joint ventures and other real estate ownership entities;
- Accomplishing successful tax deferred like-kind real estate exchanges, including documentation of safe harbor arrangements;
- Negotiation and drafting of leases representing both the landlord and tenant for commercial and residential tenancies;
- Extensive experience with financing techniques and negotiation and structuring of lending documents, including participation loans and other “creative” financing;
- Representation of both lenders and borrowers to achieve mutually beneficial and practical loan arrangements and loan workouts;
- Representation of purchasers and sellers in all aspects of real estate transfers and ownership;
- Title work including title review, title insurance coverage, and resolution of boundary line disputes and other title issues;
- Analysis and documentation of easements, covenants and other real estate rights.
- Advised and consulted with developer and physician-owners in entity formation, negotiation of purchase agreements, due diligence, closing, and development of ambulatory surgery centers/medical office buildings, including recently opened facilities in Puyallup and Burien and project under construction in Monroe.
- Represented developer in purchase, subdivision, and sale of raw land for multi-million dollar residential townhome project. Project included multi-phase binding site plan and boundary disputes with commercial neighbor.
- Represented seller/assignor of long term DNR ground lease for prime development real estate in Eastlake.
- Represented developer in development, restoration and leasing out historic buildings in vibrant Pike/Pine corridor of Capitol Hill neighborhood.
- Represented owner of multi-family housing development.
- Selected as a “Rising Star” attorney by Washington Law & Politics magazine, 2004 through 2012.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, OR
Juris Doctor, 1999, Order of the Coif
Founding Member, Law and Entrepreneurship Student Association
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Bachelor of Arts, Business (Accounting Concentration), 1995
Passed CPA exam, November 1995
Professional and Community Activities
- Admitted to the Washington State Bar
- Member of the King County Bar Association and Washington State Bar Associations
- Real Property Probate and Trust, Editorial Board
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author and Presenter, Commercial Leases: Drafting, Enforcement, and Litigation, December 11, 2003