Firm History

Established in 1912 by our founding partner, William Montgomery, the original practice provided general counsel to the founding citizens of Seattle under the name of “The Montgomery Law Firm.” William Montgomery, Jr. joined the firm in the following years forming the father and son partnership of “Montgomery and Montgomery.” After the Second World War, Robert Purdue, Jack Blankinship, and Alan Austin transformed the family operation into the comprehensive and collaborative team it is today. Under their leadership and guidance, Montgomery Purdue Blankinship & Austin PLLC has grown into a full-service firm comprised of nearly 30 attorneys. The grandson and great-grandson of our founder, Alan Montgomery and his son Ryan, are practicing partners of the firm and in the tradition of our namesake we continue to offer a full-range of transactional and litigation services to clientele throughout the Northwest.